Free Adobe CS 2 Upgrade Information|
Adobe announced Creative Suite 2 on 4/4/05.
Students that order CS 1.3 on or after April 4, 2005, up to 30 days after the ship date (currently scheduled for mid to late May) are entitled to a free upgrade. (See process below to claim upgrade.)
CS 2 information will be posted on the WISC site as soon as pricing and availability are known.
In the meantime see the Adobe sites below for product information:
FREE UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS
A Free Upgrade is available if you purchased Creative Suite 1.3 via the WISC site on or after April 4, 2005, up to 30 days after the ship date (currently scheduled for mid to late May). You will pay for shipping only! You MUST TAKE ACTION to receive the upgrade! IT WILL NOT BE SENT TO YOU AUTOMATICALLY.
This offer is available to you under Adobe's Student License Program. Students qualify for an upgrade if they meet the requirements of the product's Post Announce Plan and can provide dated Proof of Purchase. The free upgrade must be for the same operating system and type of Creative Suite as your previous version.
To order the Post Announce Upgrade:
1. You will need a "Proof of Purchase" receipt. To obtain a Proof of Purchase that Adobe will accept:
-login to the WISC site as if you were placing an order (provide last name/student id/institution),
-the online order form will be presented,
-look for the orders you have placed to date (below your personal information on the upper part of the form),
-click on the underlined RECEIPT link next to your order (in the Print Receipt Column to the right),
-print out the official receipt and fax it to Adobe following the instructions below.
2. Call Adobe Customer Service at (800) 833-6687. Inform them that you are from the University of Wisconsin System. (Please say this even if you are a Wisconsin Technical College student because the contract is listed under UW System.)
3. Customer Service will start the order process and put your order on hold while they wait to receive the proof of purchase. You will need to pay for shipping (less than $10).
4. You will need to provide your CS 1.3 installation serial number.
5. You will be asked to fax your dated "Proof of Purchase" within 48 hours of your phone call (see #1). Your Proof of Purchase IS NOT the confirmation email you received shortly after placing your order online at the WISC site.
6. Once the order ships from Adobe, you will be sent an email confirmation. If you are not qualified for the upgrade because your Proof of Purchase does not fall within the required dates, you will be contacted by phone or email.
7. If you encounter problems, or need further instructions to generate a Proof of Purchase receipt online at the WISC site, contact email@example.com